Welcome to one way I share my photography hobby and some of my travels. I hope you enjoy these photos and perhaps the story that accompanies them. Click on the photo to see a larger version.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Polar Plunge 2013

On February 23rd, I attended the Polar Bear Plunge that took place on Crystal Lake in Burnsville.  The Plunge is a fundraising event which raises money for the Special Olympics, another one of many fantastic and important causes.  As I know several people who were plunging, I brought my camera along for the event.  I hope you enjoy the pics!


"The Plunge", as many call it, is really quite an event.  It's part fashion show, part fundraiser, part party!  The mood is very light-hearted and fun, with no shortage of interesting people to watch.






Google search www.wherearemypants.com 

As I wander the crowd, I start seeing faces and groups who are familiar to me.



Suddenly, there was a stir in the crowd.  A group had just come off the shuttle buses, and they were very much in to the fun of the occasion.  They were "The Blues!" a group wearing pro wrestler gear, and enjoying every step of the way.



This was a time for brawn and smiles!


This was a time to bare down and rise above hate, um, or hats?

The smiles were contagious!


This was a time for hugs and hair!


This was a time to kiss the photographer!


Getting Ready...


Ready...?


PLUNGE!!


After the Plunge:  I've heard they are very comfortable...


The Polar Plunge is an event where a bunch of great people dress up and jump into freezing water to raise money for a great cause.  Thanks to all the Plungers for a fun day!

10 comments:

  1. looks great and I enjoy the comments My daughter and her husband do this at WBL it is one great cause

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vern. It was a lot of fun to watch the Plungers as they arrived in waves on the shuttle buses. Lots of smiles and fun!

      Delete
  2. A great photo tribute for a great cause. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another photo blog well done. You have captured life and the moment! So good to see people having fun for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one gets filed next to the fire department photos....nice, but not mystical. The cynical-lens spoiled me. I will always be looking for the mystical, or nostalgic....for that feeling of wonder that I find here often. Yet I know that a photographer has many stories to tell. My words are meant to encourage. I look forward to some point in time when another tear forms in the corner of my eye from something you have posted.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rick, for your kind words! I hope to give you the mystical and nostalgic photos you seek in the future but, as you said, there are many stories to tell. I find an emotional connection to nearly all the photos I post in my blog, or else I would not post them. I subscribe to a philosophy held by my good friend Steve T: "I am here, it feels like this." I hope to post more often this year, and I have several ideas running amok in my head - hopefully some that people will find an emotional connection to. Rick, my friend, I remain very flattered that one of my previous photos brought a tear to your eye. It is very possible you felt what I felt. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Fun and new creative costumes every year. And the after photos ? ? ?

    ReplyDelete

Followers