Welcome to one way I share my photography hobby and some of my travels. I hope you enjoy these photos and perhaps the story that accompanies them. Click on the photo to see a larger version.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Grey Cloud Island

Recently, I found myself driving around Grey Cloud Island looking for interesting things to photograph.  Here's a sample of what I found.  Click on the image for a larger version.

 Abandoned tennis court/basketball court near the town hall

 Small tree struggling for space with the chain link fence



 Gate leading towards what used to be a house and yard


7 comments:

  1. 2 words come to mind, lonely and quiet.... Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon. With abandoned things, whether its people, places, or things, there tends to be a lot of lonely and quiet. When I see those things I usually think of what life that person, place, or thing experienced before being abandoned. In these places, there once was a lot of life.

      Delete
  2. Of all you do, I like these type of photos the best.
    "I walked through that gate once, or did I? Have I ever made a basket there? Or maybe my father did."
    These thoughts and others come to mind. Sweet, sweet photos Dave.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick! This kind of photography is the kind I love to look at from other photographers, and I especially enjoy shooting it. Like you, I usually think about the lives that passed through those gates and looked out those old windows. I am very happy, and equally flattered, that you enjoyed my photos.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in the up close picture of the basketball backboard. You can see how well used it once was. It gives off a cool sheen and the entire picture has a hazy quality that matches the mood.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. infact i have played there nice job dave

    ReplyDelete

Followers